ISO 22000:2005 specifies all comprehensive requirements for a food safety management system. Any organization that is involved in any aspect of the food chain is applicable to adopting these requirements to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. ISO 22000:2005 also incorporates the elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Greater confidence in customers and partners through demonstrating
- Continuous improvement in food safety
- Save cost by merging multiple food requirements into one management system
- Gain recognition among partners and industry leading organizations
- Increase efficiency in the organization by minimizing unnecessary working procedures
SPRING Singapore supports SMEs to implement ISO 22000:2005 standards by providing the Capability Development Grant (CDG) as a financial assistance to businesses in Singapore. SMEs are eligible to defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs relating to consultancy, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities etc.